Part 2 – We’re the Container, Not the Contents
I came to see that Paul found the answer to his life that he described as being worse than death. At the end of Romans chapter seven and on into eight we see the light dawn for our brother Paul when he ecstatically bursts forth with the blessed truth that the Lord Jesus Christ is the answer to the bondage in which he (US, TOO) is held. In the great “glory” chapter eight, we are blessed to have recorded for us Paul’s discourse where he expounds how he and those who are in Christ have been set free not to walk in sinful fallen flesh, but instead to walk in the Spirit of the risen Christ. I had no problem agreeing with Paul that Christ was the answer for my wretched state. My problem lay in the fact that I didn’t know how to translate this truth into everyday living. In time I did find the answer I so desperately needed. Read on because I am writing this booklet in an effort to share with you the answer I had revealed to me. It came in the form of the message that I, along with many others (namely my mentor and teacher Norman Grubb, who first taught me these Bible-based truths) have come to know as the Total Truth.
The biblical foundation for this truth is that we humans are vessels or containers. The reason I say this is because the Bible calls us pots, branches, body members, slaves, and wives. The function of each of these examples is to contain or to be connected to something or someone. As such, we were created to contain a supernatural spirit as well as our own human spirit. It is the supernatural spirit (Satan, in those who are lost, and Christ, in those who are saved) that defines and rules us. With this understanding of our humanity, we comprehend that we do not have a nature of our own, but instead we express the nature of the one we contain. (Illustrations will come later to show the working out of this truth.)
- Part 1 – Desperate to Live Right
- Part 2 – We’re the Container, Not the Contents
- Part 3 – Satan Was Our Boss
- Part 4 – “I” – The Original Sin
- Part 5 – Our Human Makeup
- Part 6 – Crucified with Christ — What Does It Mean?
- Part 7 – Body, Soul and Spirit
- Part 8 – Soul—The Troublemaker
- Part 9 – Just What Is Spirit?
- Part 10 – What About Sin?
- Part 11 – How Temptation Really Works
- Part 12 – Avoiding the Sin Trap
- Part 13 – What To Do About the Turmoil of Feelings
- Part 14 – Not I, But Christ