Part 5 – Our Human Makeup
Hopefully the following illustrations will help show what I mean.
These diagrams give a very simple picture of our human makeup.
These diagrams give a very simple picture of our human makeup. As you can see in the first diagram, our human spirit is represented by a lower case “s” along with the plus sign which connects it to Satan. This makes very clear the biblical fact that having inherited Satan’s nature from Adam, we are all born joined to him, and he is our boss. The Lord Jesus is the only exception. He was born sinless, lived sinless, and died sinless.
In our second illustration, our human spirit (“s”) is joined to the Holy Spirit. The exchange of Satan with the Holy Spirit takes place when we accept Christ as our Savior. It is the body death of Jesus that is the means by which our human spirit is freed from the indwelling spirit of error (Satan). The Holy Spirit Himself becomes the new spirit life within us:
He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him (1 Cor. 6:17).
- Part 1 – Desperate to Live Right
- Part 2 – We’re the Container, Not the Contents
- Part 3 – Satan Was Our Boss
- Part 4 – “I” – The Original Sin
- Part 5 – Our Human Makeup
- Part 6 – Crucified with Christ — What Does It Mean?
- Part 7 – Body, Soul and Spirit
- Part 8 – Soul—The Troublemaker
- Part 9 – Just What Is Spirit?
- Part 10 – What About Sin?
- Part 11 – How Temptation Really Works
- Part 12 – Avoiding the Sin Trap
- Part 13 – What To Do About the Turmoil of Feelings
- Part 14 – Not I, But Christ