Part 8 – Soul—The Troublemaker
Our soul is where emotions and reasoning take place–where we feel and think. It is very important that we understand and accept that our thoughts and feelings (fear, happiness, sadness, shyness, etc.) are morally neutral; all feelings are necessary components of the human personality.
But they are a huge problem because until we know differently, we believe that our feelings are not only how we are but who we are, and we operate (make our choices) based on this misconception. We are overcome with guilt and defeat at not being able to change or, better still, eliminate either our negative thoughts or feelings. The truth is that neither needs to be changed. They both originate in the soul, and as we said, they are morally neutral. Neither affects our inner spirit reality unless or until we believe them and act on them.
- Part 1 – Desperate to Live Right
- Part 2 – We’re the Container, Not the Contents
- Part 3 – Satan Was Our Boss
- Part 4 – “I” – The Original Sin
- Part 5 – Our Human Makeup
- Part 6 – Crucified with Christ — What Does It Mean?
- Part 7 – Body, Soul and Spirit
- Part 8 – Soul—The Troublemaker
- Part 9 – Just What Is Spirit?
- Part 10 – What About Sin?
- Part 11 – How Temptation Really Works
- Part 12 – Avoiding the Sin Trap
- Part 13 – What To Do About the Turmoil of Feelings
- Part 14 – Not I, But Christ