This last couple of months have seen a great deal of activity here in Boone.
Camp was a week away when about a dozen visitors from here and overseas arrived. They were hardly off the plane when some were headed to the computer to finish typing for the Intercessor and to update songbooks, while others were delegated to the kitchen to help prepare food for the "campers" who would be arriving shortly. Others took turns chauffeuring crowds of children around.
The men were busy with jobs around the Alpen Acres Motel, as well as making arrangements for the tent for our meetings. The children had a swimming party plus pool scrubbing and could be seen pulling up weeds to make the grounds more attractive.
Our Boone Regulars joyfully welcomed the newcomers and together we gained practical experience in extended family living. Everyone here worked long and hard with a sense of gaiety and purpose–one heartbeat–one spirit–really one person because of who we are. Probably the word "intercession" wasn’t in anyone’s mind, but what else could we call the sacrifice of time, energy, sleep, whatever it took to get the job done? "For it is God who works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure." Phil. 2:13.
More Articles from The Intercessor, Vol 9 No 4
- More Than An Eating Problem
- Romans Six to Eight, Paul’s Key to the Liberated Life
- Editor’s Note
- Greetings From the Z News Crew!
- Wanted: Faith and Fools
- Why Me God? or How to Deal with Life’s Frustrations
- The Mailbox
- The Solution: The Law & The Cross
- To Think About
- I’ve Been Crucified
- Family Reunion At Blowing Rock, 1993
- Questions & Answers
- Powerless Over Alcohol & LIfe: Step 10
- Words To Live By
- Moments With Meryl
- Excerpt from The Intercession of Rees Howells
- A Look at a Book, A Review: Rees Howells Intercessor